EPS students must earn 3 credits by selecting one of the following activities.
In order to earn the 3 credits corresponding to the learning activity “Advanced computer skills ” EPS students can
- attend the Advanced computer skills course organized by the Faculty of Political Science, receiving a positive final assessment, or
- obtain a certificate in an established course or summer school, testifying improved knowledge in the relevant field (e.g., statistics using SPSS, Stata, SAS, R, etc., or courses directly focused on these software packages or languages). The faculty will decide whether to recognize or not these courses and/or certificates, awarding 3 credits in “Advanced computer skills”. Please contact email@example.com to have the course approved before it starts.
The Language Center of the University of Milan will manage the assessment of the advanced knowledge of French, German and Spanish languages for EPS students offering computer-based placement test.
The scores will be provided automatically with the indication of the corresponding CEFR level.
International students* who have successfully attended Italian classes and obtained a B1 level (or higher) certificate, can obtain 3 credits which will be considered as a 3-credit activity.
In order to get the 3 credits:
- Fill in and sign the credits recognition form (see the below ‘downloads’ section)
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a scanned copy of your B1 certificate
You will receive a notification, as soon as the 3 credits are approved.
*The following categories of students are not eligible:
- Italian mother tongue
- who has obtained a degree in Italy
- who has permanent residence in Italy (more than 5 years)
Keep in mind that the amount of time devoted to this activity may be substantial. For this reason, a student should opt for an internship only if she/he is genuinely interested in the relevant activity and in the organization (firm, institute, foundation, etc.) where the internship will take place.
A good reason for looking for and/or choosing an internship may be to prepare a master’s dissertation on a topic connected with the activity; or the desire to acquire skills in the specific job or area or institution (multinational firm, research institute, NGO, IO, etc.) where the internship takes place. There are different ways to obtain an internship: refer to Stage and Internship page for further information.
Students can attend and participate in qualified seminars or series of seminars devoted to topics that are related to EPS courses and learning activities.
In order to obtain the credits, students are expected to attend about 6 seminars (approximately 2 hours each). Students should request a certificate of participation/attendance.
The course aims at providing the students with an overview of potential career paths through interactions with guests speakers from various fields, from international organizations and research institutions, to private companies and NGOs.
The Orientation Seminars (held in English and organized by Prof. Giorgio Barba Navaretti) will include:
- 2 live viewing and following debate on the monthly press release and press conference by President Mario Draghi of ECB (European Central Bank)
- 3 presentations (scheduled on Thursday at 17:00) by individuals who have prominent roles in large companies and who can provide insights and advises on your future career
April 10th h. 17:00 (@ DEMM Aula Seminari, 2nd floor, Via Conservatorio, 7): Press conference following the Governing Council meeting of the ECB in Frankfurt (held the same day)
May 9th h. 17:00 (@ DEMM Aula Seminari, 2nd floor, Via Conservatorio, 7): Meeting with Prof. Carmine di Noia, Commissioner of Consob. Check his profile here
May 16th h. 17:00 (@ DEMM Aula Seminari, 2nd floor, Via Conservatorio, 7): Meeting with Dott. Luca Purpura, Transfer pricing Manager at PwC TLS Avvocati e Commercialisti.
June 13rd h. 17:30 (@ DEMM Aula Seminari, 2nd floor, Via Conservatorio, 7): Meeting with Gerd Pircher, CEO HSBC Italy. Click here for further information
June 27th h. 17:00 (@ DEMM Aula Seminari, 2nd floor, Via Conservatorio, 7): Press conference following the Governing Council meeting of the ECB in Frankfurt (held on June 6th, 2019)
The laboratory is characterized by greater interaction and debate. In order to get the 3 credits, attending students will have to register to Unimia from June 6th to June 20th, 2019. P
lease note: if more than one lecture is missed, no credits will be given! During the seminars, students will be provided with slides and other material. There is no final exam. However attendance and active participation are mandatory.
In order to register to this laboratory, please send an email to: email@example.com (if you are enrolled in EPS) firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are enrolled in MEF)